The IEvangelical Congregational Church of Angola (IECA), was founded on Nov. 11, 1880, granted Jan. 24, 1987, by Executive Decree No. 9/87, Ministerial Decree No. 1 of 24 October 2005.
Having started as a religious education movement for social transformation, in order to provide indigenous dignity desirable to God's children. This Church has persevered and, today 134 years in the announcement of the Son of God, the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.
Besides evangelizing activity, IECA performs humanitarian actions Community Development Integral, , without discrimination Religious, Social, Political, Racial, Tribal, Regional or other minorities and non-profit.
The first IECA Missions irrigated the yesteryear institutions with qualified personnel, the best that could find: Teachers, clerks, agricultural technicians, nurses, rural development advisors through an integrated program called "Improving people "who'est s widespread throughout central Angola along the Benguela Railways.
Currently IECA is present in 17 of the 18 provinces of Angola, that is to say: Cabinda, Uige, Lunda Sul, Lunda Norte, Malanje, Kwanza Norte, Kwanza Sul, Bengo, Luanda, Benguela, Namibe , Cunene, Huila, Huambo, Moxico, Bie and Kuando Kubango. In these provinces, it provides various social services, including in education.
Our expansion in 99% of the Angola Provinces is due to the effort and dedication of all members and clergymen, that have continued to testify of Christ as they moved throughout the Country in different work activities or specificaly of evangelism, anouncing to everyone and not discriminating.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Evangelize, teach and promote Full and Sustainable peace in Angola by words and works (ACTIONS). On this basis, IECA has Temples, Schools, Hospitals, Health Centres, A High Institute Of Health, Social Programs and Projects in several areas, to the growth and development of communities, taking IN account the satisfaction of material and spiritual needs of the population.
- Water and sanitation (Benguela, Bié, Huila, Moxico and Kuando Kubango)
- Integrated Rural Development Programmes (Mavinga, Bunjei, Camundongo)
- Technical and vocational training: computer, decoration, baking, cooking, etc. (Huambo, Lubango, Namibe, Bailundo, Andulo, Kuito, Sumbe, Cunene, Malanje, Luena, Lobito, Benguela)
- Missionary hospitals with a capacity of 150 beds (Dondi, Bailundo, Camundongo, Chissamba e Chilesso)
- Pre-school education: Kindergartens (Lobito, Luanda, Huambo e Kuito)
- Evangelical Schools (Waku Kungo, Luanda, Lobito, Benguela, Bialundo, Bié, Mavinga, Menongue, Bunjei, Lubango, Namibe, Matala)
- Full Missions (Benguela, Namibe, Huambo, Cabinda, Bengo, Luanda, K.Sul, Bié, K. Kubango K.Norte, Moxico, Huila, L.Sul, L. Norte)
- Gender Equality (Huambo and Bié)
- Micro Credit (Sumbe and Waku Kungo)
- Agriculture (Dondi and Seles)